By working together with the Lake Superior Harvest Festival in 2014, TWO locally focused, family festivals will be teaming up for a bigger, broader celebration of our community by:
• Sharing all the great things growing in our region through education, demonstrations, and the largest annual Farmer’s Market in the Twin Ports. Learn where your good food comes from. Meet the farmers who grow it!
• Showcasing the many great organizations, artisans, and innovators here through a Nonprofit Showcase, Craft Village and Energy Fair. See what others are creating and how they’re helping our community.
• Offering live music on two stages plus interactive shows, workshops and activities for the whole family.
• Welcoming college students back to the Twin Ports and introducing them to our extraordinary community.
• Honoring our greatest lake, and our commitment to economic, environmental and social sustainability around its western tip. This is the place on the map where so many great things come together!
• Making it all accessible for everyone, with FREE parking and admission until 4 p.m.! And by donation after that for the evening entertainment acts.
The Twin Ports Bridge Festival is not just another concert or market festival. It’s an experience people will walk away from with something gained. It’s education. It’s fun for the whole family. It’s a pep rally for humanity. And it’s good for the soul.
Whether it’s our international, nationwide, state, local or even neighborhood community, the key to thriving lies in respectful, sustainable, and productive relationships with others in that community.
The Twin Ports Bridge Festival devotes a day to celebrating our shared humanity, diversity, appreciation of Lake Superior and commitment to thrive economically, socially and environmentally in a sustainable manner for a brighter future.
Each festival features some pretty incredible music acts, connects people to outstanding organizations and experiences, showcases some great artists from our local, state and nationwide communities, and highlights local and regional sustainable businesses. There will be activities and fun for the whole family. Here’s a schedule of events that will grow right up until festival day!
The festival is FREE on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and by donation after 4 p.m. for Clocks & Clouds, Kidz Bop Kids “Dream Big, Sing Loud!” Tour, That 1 Guy & Red Mountain on the main stage. The goal with the donation gate is to raise enough money to not only be able to do this again next year, but to also allow free access to local nonprofit groups that serve people in our community who could greatly benefit from the inspiring and empowering messages conveyed at the festival. These groups may include, but certainly won’t be limited to, those that help with mental illness, disabilities, and/or disadvantaged youth.
We’re all human. It’s truly that simple. And we all have struggles in life. If we realize and bear in mind that we all started in the same place, and will eventually be in the same naked situation at the end, then we can more easily help each other through our struggles. This day is about community progress through the consciousness of that simplistic empathy. It’s a celebration of Love, the core of our being that unites us all.
With that, we may also have a chance to put an end to bullying and stopping discrimination toward others in our community, whether it’s racism, mental illness, a disability, religion, poverty, age, or you name it. Respect and positive relationships are at the core of all these issues.
Twin Ports Bridge Festival is a not-for-profit event organized by the Twin Ports communities and coordinated by Laughingstock Design.
Happy Space, a Laughingstock Design creative outlet store: 218-461-2288
The mission of Laughingstock Design is to spread some joy through the art of communication. We specialize in special events, graphic design & marketing, and apparel design/retail quality screen printing on USA-made and sustainable textiles ONLY – all for the greater good. CREATE for Goodness Sake.